Tuesday, 3 March 2009

3rd March 2009

Before practice I was on the phone with my sister and told her I was about to do some GC guitar practice in order to ground myself. She asked what does it mean? To come back to 'here and now', was my answer. I guess it sounds a bit serious.

Split the hour into 2 sections:

1) Right hand. Work with mirror to check the alignment of the hand when moving to different strings. In my case the point is to be connected with the body. If i don't and tense, the old habits take over and the wrist arches, as pointed out during one personal meeting in SC. I add some counting to practice division of attention.

Also work on the relationship neck - wrist in the Alexander sense.

2) Strengthening the left hand. Work on two exercises i got from MS in Sant Cugat.

No comments:

Post a Comment