Tuesday, 3 March 2009

3rd March 2009

In the evening I feel like practicing some Division of Attention. A follow-up on the pre-OCG course material.

First go through the brief relaxation exercise.

Set up the metronome at BPM 69

Give attention to the limbs.

Go through all 3 parts individually:

1) Feet tap with the metronome in quarter notes:

Left - Right - Right

2) Hands clap in eighth notes:

Left - Right - Right

3) Count 4 bars of 3 in sixteenth notes:

1-2-3-2-2-3-3-2-3-4-2-3

Then work on the pairs: 1 & 2 together, 1 & 3 and 2 & 3.

Then do all three together, so 3 different speeds running at the same time. I'm surprised it clicks straightaway. Change the count to 3 bars of 4 and alternate counts.

A short, but quality practice. I have a lot of feel for this kind of work and will continue on a regular basis soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment