Wednesday, 4 March 2009

4th March 2009

One hour split into two sections:

1) Right hand work with the mirror - release & alignment.

After 20 minutes of challenging my right hand wrist I attempted a division of attention exercise (counting 4 against 3) After this has been accomplished something clicked and I saw myself plucking the strings and the pattern, as from the distance, as an observer. This didn't last long, perhaps few seconds, because I spoiled it with my excitement and intellectualizing. This reminded me of the description of 'Consciousness' in HWDT. Perhaps that would be an example of E5 -> E4 ?

2) Intergalactic Boogie Express groove.

Work on the count until the point where the bass pauses.

Establish the solid base in BPM 80, 84 & 88.

I feel it's time to nail this bass line in the possible speed and take it further. So far I haven't 'got it' in any speed at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment